How to Make Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum (LABS)
Lactic Acid Bacteria is now widely used in agriculture, in fruit and vegetable production as well as animal production. For animals Lactobacillus is reponsible for the digestion of feeds taken. Thus one of the factors for the assimillation of the nutrients.
Lactobacilli, if on healthy population, are also proven that it fights diseases inside the intestines, even on humans as shown on NHK World. And many researches and actual experience (including ours) shows that properly using Lactic Acid Bacteria results to a gamefowl optimum health and healthier environment and in turn contributes for an optimum performance of animals, including gamefowls.
This is one of the concoctions we use. We wrote it as concoctions in series, namely Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum (this article), Beneficial Indigenous Microorganism (IMO or BIM), Effective Microorganisms, Oriental Herb Nutrient (OHN) and Fermented Plant Juice (FPJ).
- Container with big opening and with cover
- pale with cover
- 1/2 Liter rice wash, fermented
- 5 Liters Fresh Milk
- 5 Liters of Honey or 5 Kilo Molasses or 5 Kilos brown sugar
- Extract the rice wash (first washings) and transfer to the container. The container must not be full to enable circulation of air. Close the lid loosely. Place the container in a cool dark place. Don’t let sunshine strike the container.
- Let the rice wash ferment for 5 to 7 days. On this moment,galactic acid bacteria within the rice wash will propagate. On the seventh day strain the rice wash and set aside 500 ml.
- Transfer the fermented rice wash into a biggger container. Then add the milk with ten times the volume of the fermented rice wash.
- After 5 to 7 days, there will be whitish matters floating while the yellow serum below. The lactic acid bacteria is on this yellowish serum. Remove the whitish matter that formed on the upper layer, this are carbohydrates, protein, and fats that may be added to the feeds.
- Add molasses on the yellowish serum on the same proportion. Ie 500 ml serum with 500 grams of molasses.
- The lactic acid with molasses is called the pure culture. You can add water with a 20 times volume to make what is called baisc lactic acid bacteria solution. Be sure the water has no chroline, this will kill the bacteria.
Direction for use
- Mix 2 tbsp of lactobacilli solution to 1 liter of unchlorinated water.
- Give Twice to Thrice a week as a probiotic drinks.
- Spray or mix to the feeds.
- As fermentor of grains. Ferment the grains for about 48 hours. You could use the solution for about 4 cycles.
This procedure is adapted as thought by our friends from Tree of Life Nurseries and DSV Farms.
About The Total Gamefowl
is a team of talented and passionate people. Collaborated and united to form their best and optimized standard principles and methodologies regarding current and future gamefowl arts and disciplines.